A Void-touched Shugenja
Shiba family (former Phoenix, current Scorpion), Shugenja
Rings: 4x next rank
Void (6x): 3
Skills: 1x rank, 2 for emphasis
Caligraphy (Cipher): 1
Lore-Great Clan (Scorpion): 1
Isawa’s Gift: Freee raise on all spellcasting roles for affinity (Void)
Magic Resistance 2: 4
Touch of the Void: 3
Phobia (Being alone): 1
- Drawing the Void
- The Void’s Caress
- See through lies
- Reversal of Fortunes
- Sympathetic Energies
- Jurojin’s Balm
- Legacy of Kaze-no-Kami
Travelling Pack (TBD)
Dokueki Shosuro’s wife, formerly a member of the family of the Phoenix clan. Married to Dokeuki as a resolution of a minor spat between the Scorpion and Phoenix. Although she doesn’t have patience for politics or the stomach for assasinations, she tries to dedicate herself to her husband and, to a lesser extent, the Scorpion clan. She’s been spoken to by the Void since childhood, and because of it the other kami are somewhat hesitant to mess with her.
She suffers panic attacks when she’s by herself as the Void’s whispers become much, much louder when there’s no one around, to the point where she has trouble distinguishing her own voice from its. This is something that binds her and her husband together—both of them understand what it’s like to deal with unpleasent supernatural entities.
Her Phoenix heritage and her husband’s plight makes her uncomfortable with using the kami to inflict harm on others. As such, she’s focused on learning spells that would be useful in the courts.
The 20 questions (See page 100):
1) Scorpion, formerly Phoenix
2) Shiba, married into Shosuro
7) Strengths: Understanding of Void, kami don’t mess with her. Weaknesses: soft heart, Void’s whispers
10) She is happily married. She manages the household while her husband, Dokueki Shosuro, plays politics. She considers him a friend and a partner.
12) Provincal governer of the southern Scorpion lands
Ties to other characters:
- Sasu Yogo: Mutual dislike, she feels that Sasu’s love of showboating and disdain for shugenjas puts her husband at risk
- Dokueki Shosuro: Husband, confidant, friend. Works to support him as she can.